Case Study - Royal Shakespeare Theatre
The Royal Shakespeare Theatre Transformation Project saw the renovation & modernisation of this important building in Stratford upon Avon. The project aimed to retain the Art Deco and Victorian elements of the original theatre whilst creating better public spaces, improved facilities and a new thrust stage auditorium.
We were employed by the steelwork fabricator, Coventry Construction, to design the seating support frames and hand railing system for the main auditorium within the project.
- Design of steelwork framing to support the audience seating in the new 1030 capacity thrust stage auditorium
- Design of bespoke hand railing system for the new thrust stage auditorium
- Steelwork connection design
- Computer analysis of steel box section seating support frames
- Sectional construction of individual frames to aid installation on site
- Composite steel and timber hand railing system with hidden and flush connections for Architectural purposes